SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Show Us Your Computer Station

kirkus
15 years ago

Just had an idea... Post a picture where you show us your computer station when you're posting on the Garden Web Junk site. (Maybe you're at a desk...maybe you're at a laptop somewhere else...) When you post, it'll give us a picture in our minds as to where you're writing from... :o) Here's mine... my den... Notice that Garden Web Junk is on the computer! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:77256}}

{{gwi:77257}}

Comments (24)

• countrygrl
    15 years ago

Hi Kirk and everyone! I haven't been on here in a looong time, but I do try to read all the posts about once a week. I like what you've been doing here. It seems as though you're all one big, happy family! Well, here's where I check out Garden Junk: my dining room table! I like to be able to look out a window when I'm on the computer, and the sun streams through there very nicely, as you can see. Keep up the good junkin', everybody!

{{gwi:77258}}
    {{gwi:77259}}

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Countrygrl!!! So good to hear from you! Your porch is one of my all time favorite posts! I love where you post...the window, the calm diningroom setting, your beautiful antique furniture... Thanks for sharing! I looked at all of your photos...how's "my bear" doing? I love that little Welcome bear as well...when's he coming to visit me? :o) Take care! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Related Discussions

My Desktop isn't showing when I turn on my computer. Why?

Q

Comments (24)
    Wow, there is a lot of good information here. Glad I posted with my problem, now I have something new to try out. Thanks owbist. ravencajun, thanks for the compliment but I only had the first half of it figured out and cboy came to the rescue and helped me with the last half of it. I can't take all the credit. "Smiles" Then zep516 came in catching the fact that System Restore wasn't working right and gave me great information on how to correct that. This was the first time that I've had problems with my desktop, but I have changed the backround on it before and I remembered that and I thought why not check it out and see if I could get it to change and that is when I discovered that the backround had been changed and all I had to do was to put it back like I had it, but then I didn't know how to get the icons back and that's when cboy posted the solution for me. If that ever happens to me again I will know exactly what to do. Thanks owbist for telling me how to move the icons down to the taskbar. I will try that on Wednesday, I will have more time to try it out then. thirdfrt!!!
    ...See More

Show Me Your Pet Feeding Stations!!

Q

Comments (8)
    I posed a similar query a couple of months ago in the Organizing the Home forum. I purchased a large plastic bin on wheels with a locking lid from PetSmart and it's been really convenient for our needs. One of the solutions suggested was a pull-out low drawer for your pet. Scroll down about halfway for a photo. Here's the link to the previous thread... Here is a link that might be useful: Storing pet food thread
    ...See More

Show Us Your Landscape/Gardens - A Photo Thread - Jan & Feb 2018

Q

Comments (57)
    Thanks Babs. I sometimes see a few scales even now, and I just pick them off with a Q-tip with a little alcohol. But when it's outdoors, when it's warm, I actually really blast the whole tree with the garden hose. I go all over, under, around etc. with quite a strong spray of water. I hold each leaf and make sure it's clean. Really not that hard to do, and only once is fine. It really helps to remove debris, scales etc. The plant seems to enjoy it!
    ...See More

2018 Show us pictures of your colorful T.C and C.C please! Blooms too.

Q

Comments (138)
    Sharon, I don't know what postage would be. I got a bunch of small light weight boxes that shouldn't cost much. You could pay when the box arrives. Postage is marked and my return address is on the box. Bob, i'll see what i have left over. Address the same? How's those cactus seedlings make out I sent back in 2012? The ones I kept for myself are only 12 inches high. i thought they would be bigger. but being in the house all the time must keep them small.
    ...See More
  • daisydal
    15 years ago

Kirk, love your chatting digs!!! Cool place to be! And, of course, you know me, that lodgey-campy stuff and of course... bears are speaking to my heart (I have a soft spot for those darn cute moose too!)Love everything about your set-up there, I could sit right down with a nice glass of wine and chat away! Very comfy, and lodgey elegant at the same time. Speaking of time, I still love those timepieces on the wall, that is a great idea!
    Countrygrl, once again, I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures. I love your Valentine decorations in your dining room. I had to visit your photobucket pics again, and OMGOSH... I am still in love with your home!!!
    You have such a come-on-in-and-sit-a-spell porch! Love it so much, I was drooling on my keyboard! I had to copy some of your great ideas! I would have never thought of hanging the watering can on the outside light. My light has three arms with lights and then one in the middle and I hang baskets on them. My DH freaks out every Spring and tells me I'm gonna break the arms off one of these days!LOL!!
    So, maybe I'll make him happy and just do one big ole watering can hanging from the middle!Your decor for 4th of July is so cute, too!
    Loved it all!
    Whoops, got off of the main subject of computer stations!
    Sorry, my blonde is showing! I'm having problems with my camera holding a charge. I will take pics of my computer station at work and home as soon as its resolved.
    blessings-sherri

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sherri, You are so kind! Living in the country and a woodsy area, we love nature, woodsy, cabiny things. My den is an ecclectic collection of nature things, family heirlooms, wood, etc. It's my haven! :o) The watches were my late father's. I hated having them put away in a drawer so I hung them where I am reminded of Dad. Here's a close-up.

{{gwi:77260}}

Here's my photobucket file of "The Den". ENJOY! Can't wait to see your computer stations! :o)

Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: THE DEN

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Ok, Kirk & countrygrl...where's all the "dust" and "clutter?" My computer/workroom always has both!
    My computer desk is a corner desk (prefab, put-together stuff) and added a book shelf on top with cubbies made by my DH to hold old camera collection

Formerly kids' bedroom, it now has my favorites...my grandpa's old desk to the right of computer desk...and a print of "The Gleaners"...you can see...you can't see an old oval portrait of my great-grandmother passed on to me (she came over from Denmark)... a sewing center, workbench...lots of stuff fits in this room ...for just ME! And best of all, on each side of computer are windows! (you may see black edge of swag curtains. Love seeing outside while I am on the computer (of course, it's dark out there now!) I also have Native Am. prints & tiles in this room...and book shelves...like I said, dust & clutter...gotta love it...feels like home to me! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:77261}}
    Ahh, teddy bear is an "Iowa Hawk" given to me while I was sick in hospital...I'm a Hawks fan! GO HAWKS!
    {{gwi:77262}}

• cait1
    15 years ago

ROFL!!! There is NO WAY I would show you guys my puter station!! The smallest bedroom is where the puters are and I never finished the renovation in here so it a MESS!!!! Dusty, cobwebby, a jillon papers all over because I'm collecting articles to go after our council one day, it's filled with boxes because the rest of the house still needs to be finished.... UGH!! It's shameful, really and I can't wait to clean it out. Two weeks ago I was finishing off the room but the heat wave struck and I just couldn't sand down the walls anymore - had finished putting up the sheetrock and platered the walls - there is no way I could stay in this brutally hot room making dust!

Kirk, that room is just waaaay too neat!!! HA!!

Country, great spot - but waaay to neat, too!! HAHAHA

Jeanne, I have my puter sitting on a microwave cart!!! DH has the puter table.

But this thread has inspired me to get off my tuckus (tokhes if you wanna get technical) and next week I will finish the room and clean up. Unless of course I work on the mosaic bench... hmmmm, decisions, decisions!! HA!

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

I had to dust and deep-six some things first...LOL...but here's mine!

My doors to the world!

{{gwi:77263}}

{{gwi:77264}}

This desk is in my family room. There is a (white pickled) armoire to to the right with the TV, etc. in it. To the left is a built-in desk with shelves, drawers and cupboards on both sides. Over the desk is a pass-through to the kitchen, that I hung curtains in to make it look like a window.

This is from the kitchen at night. See the window in the garden? All the decorative lights stay up year-round, except I don't use stars on the garden window...just drape plain little white lights on it.

{{gwi:77265}}

There is another computer in my workroom. Trust me...you do not want to see that. We're redoing the workspace, and it ain't real pretty right now.

~Sandy~

PS: In case anyone noticed the Gypsy license plate on the wall...that is not me! It was one of my brother's horses. He had it on his car for years, and I rescued it when Ron died. I love it!

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Well here's mine. I have an office in my home so mine is kinda big. Geez it looks like an electricians nightmare with all the wires and cables underneath, along with a few cat toys too. Mine isn't as nice as some of the others, but believe me, mine gets a real workout daily.

Donna in Florida {{gwi:77266}}From Family

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love seeing everyone's computer areas! From now on, when I see your posts, I can picture you posting from your special spots! Thanks for sharing and creating pictures in my mind! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

When you posted this last week I laughed. There is no way that I want to take a picture of my computer desk! I thought, hummm Jeanne thinks hers is cluttered? HA! You are clean lady--CLEAN I SAID! :-) BUT, maybe if I do post one then others may come out of the woodworks and say, ok, there are normal people out there with clutter and dust too?! :-) hehehehe I'll just say, desk is B-2 shaped with lots of stacks of papers and "things". We have a window to the right of the desk that looks out to my backyard and faces east. It's in out Family room/dining room/kitchen area (all open to each other). Now, if the computer area and desk was just mine it would be cleaner and better organized. Everythign needs a place but it shouldn't be in a pile directly in front of you and in the peripheral.
    Love, Jules

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

My computer and my TV are in what I call the Dog Den. On one end of the house is a den that doubles as my "dog room".
    I have 7 Whippets. So this room has a queen bed, loads of dog beds, my computer and TV. This is my little sanctuary and where I spend most of my time these days.
    And yes, thats a dog bed UNDER my computer. Whippets love to be as close as possible to their slave, so one or two are generally under there. This room has a door with a dog-door in it that opens into the backyard. And another door that opens to the laundry area and then the kitchen and on to main house part.

{{gwi:77267}}

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

desertrat1, I'm with you! My computer area is a major junk area. There are pill bottles, little figurines from my pet rock to a beany baby lizard and a jade elephant. Books are all higgly-piggly. Maybe one day when I have a bigger place with room to store things, I'll take a picture and show you guys. Until then, you'll have to use your imaginations! lol!

Sandy, that desk chair of yours looks exactly like the one I fished out of someone's garbage! At my old apartment building, a young family moved out and threw out the most unbelievable things ... the leather desk chair was just one of them. Rather than see stuff thrown out, I hauled as much as I could of the stuff - most of it being like-new toys - to my car and gave it to Goodwill.

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Well here's where dh says I spend way too much time...
    the computor desk sits in a corner the living/dinning room is an L shape with sliding glass doors that go to a little unheated sunroom then out to the back yard.. the computor faces the living room. Dh usuall sits on the couch with his lap top and the tv is on a wall to the left of the couch turned so we both can see it. Very romantic!!

{{gwi:77268}}

{{gwi:77270}}

{{gwi:77271}}

Yes I removed some clutter before the photos were taken.

• leveta
    15 years ago

Here's mine. It's in my bedroom looking out to the garage and shop which you can't see cause the sun is shineing...I think you can see my Phantom of the Opera wallpaper...
    {{gwi:77272}}

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

Here's my work station.It's between two windows in my living room.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

ohhh, BYMom, that is a cool desk and great view with windows on both sides. Not to mention your pride n joy's pictured there too.

this is a neat thread, Kirk, now with our faces in the GJ family album and these computer stations...we can really SEE one another as we post.
    hmmmm....do any of you want these pix added by your's in the Family album? Or do you want to keep it just people?

{{gwi:77274}}

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

Thanks Purplemoon...I love the sunlight that comes in and my neighbors know I'm always here either doing work for my herb club or gardenweb,so they beep or wave as they go by.My yorkie sits on the back of the love seat in the front window and the kids call to her on their way to and from school.

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

LOL heres mine. We have our computers in our bedroom in a corner. So its not fancy and half the time its a disaster at least the DH side is. Thats why his isn't in the picture...(-: I try to keep mine in order...he is a pack rat...you get the idea.(-:
    {{gwi:77275}}

• daisydal
    15 years ago

OK, when I talk with you all, I am usually at work. yes, I really do work, too, at least thats what I tell DH when he walks by my office!!LOL!! So here are some pics of my desk and office. My computer crashed last week and then went down again Tuesday. I hope its gonna be OK now.
    blessings-sherri

{{gwi:77276}}

{{gwi:77277}}

{{gwi:77278}}
    Kirk will like this one!! this is suppose to be one of those things that go in your garden, but I use him for bookends:

{{gwi:77279}}

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

This is our computer station in the Empty Nest Cottage Living Room! It is a la-zy-boy/girl. If I had to sit up in the computer chair in the office I would not get to read the forum very long. My excuse is that I paid a doctor $90,000. to sew what feels like R2D2 up in my spine. We converted to lap top. Hubs got hooked on the Forum by reading over my shoulder.
    {{gwi:77280}}
    The dogs take their places on each foot rest while we slightly recline. Trevor and Bailey Joe (Pure Love in Fur Suits). Susie/Texas

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Well, I finally got around to cleaning off my desk so I could take this picture. Mine has a lot of "stuff" on it even when it's clean!!

{{gwi:77281}}

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love seeing everyone's computer areas! I can picture you there, looking at the latest Garden Junk projects! Sherri, I spotted your bears right away even before I read what you wrote! I think ALL of your bears want to come visit us in Washington State! :o) Everyone's computer areas are so inviting! Carol and I just may have to come and visit each and everyone of you! :o) (Ha! You wouldn't get rid of us!) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

I haven't posted my computer station yet because it's too messy and I don't have time right now to deal with it. Maybe later!

Kirk, Carol & kids, please, please, please come to Chattanooga! The Delta Queen is now a floating motel just less than a mile from our home, wouldn't it be fun to stay on it? We can hear the steam calliope organ from our house :-)

And the Chattanooga Choo Choo is actually a hotel now, with the old depot as the main office. They have some regular motel buildings, but also have several railcars that you can stay on, and they're so cool. Your kids would love it!

When are y'all coming? Monday next, or Monday week? *winking at Jan* LOL ~tenderlee

• chelcass
    15 years ago

My computer station is also my craft station (until I get my workshop built). It is quite cramped but works. It is always a mess with whatever project I am working on. Right now it is the house for our fellow junker. It is also where I pay the bills. I wish I knew how to post a picture ! ! !