SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

So sorry I missed chat! Something came up...

concretenprimroses
15 years ago

A homeless young man that we used to do respite for when we were foster parents (we would have him for a month at a time sometimes from 2nd to 9th grade) called and asked if he could stay the night. We were very glad to see him and I forgot all about the chat time. We knew he was on the street or couch hopping several towns away in this 17 below zero weather and were worried about him. Actually we had to get ready by taking valuables out of the room he is sleeping in and hiding the liquor. Hopefully this wasn't necessary but, trust in God and tie your camel as it were. I also told him I would search his bag when he left and that he couldn't be in the house when we aren't here. Arrgh. Its hard.

I think we need to keep him for a couple more nights until we can give him the choice of contacting the agency which we know is willing to help him. We don't approve of some of his choices but we do love him still. I don't know that he's stolen anything in recent years, but it used to be a problem.

Be thinking of me, and hope old woman doesn't show up now! I need to be clear thinking for the next few days, lol.

kathy

Comments (6)