SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buckyforce

Anyone besides me annoyed by...

buckyforce
18 years ago

The subtle advertising links that are added to our posts? I can appreciate that we have this forum to post our ideas and creations, and that it is "free" due to the fact that abundant advertising is sold to cover the cost. However, the top and sides of each page is covered with advertisements for subject-appropriate web sites, which I frequent as much as the next guy, and value the fact that if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have this site to exchange information. However, it is really necessary for the powers that be to attach hyperlinks to key words in our posts??

I'm a sport, but come on! I feel so barraged by advertising at every turn in my life, I would like to think that although we appreciate that advertising keeps this site viable, the intrusion of additional advertising on our posts is a bit excessive.

In case you haven't noticed, please look at the "Long Thin Bead" post. There is a link to the word "yard" and another to the word "gloves." Both for commercial sites, in addition to key words in other posts that went before.

Enough already! (Did I miss something? Namely the warning that these links were going to be added to our posts? If so, I apologize. But I still don't like them.)

Bucky

Comments (17)

Sponsored