SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaysbelle_gw

Hypertufa rocks for pond

kaysbelle
16 years ago

I have been lurking for quite some time and have decided to gather as much info as possible. I put in a pond this year and rocks are expensive in my area. I have some questions that I know someone has the answers. I am pretty sure how to make the rocks, but:

1. Can the rocks be used around a pond? Will they leach, or should I put them in the weather for a while to make sure the "rocks" are clean and no material will leak into the pond?

2. I saw where someone made a waterfall out of hypertufa. Can I get detailed instructions and/or pictures? I have a stream but I would like to make a waterfall. I think I have the basics down but would like to see a picture to see if I am on the right track.

Lastly,

3. I plan on making edge rocks for the pond (in the shape of an L, so they hang over the edge. Same question as #1. Also, I plan on making a form from styrofoam and chicken wire but only want them to be about 2-3 inches thick - will the hypertufa hold up being that thin and hollow on the underside?

Thank you so much for all your postings - I have had a lot of questions answered just by reading all the postings.

Comments (3)