SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ltd123_gw

Question on new sphere- concrete ice cubes

ltd123
18 years ago

I used the same Walmart ball to make a second sphere with the fiberglass mesh used for stucco. This time I made it with portland/sand/fibers/fortifier instead of quickwall - just to see if there was a difference. This worked fine also and made a thin-walled sphere. Now that I have finished it I would love some input on painting it.

I covered the thin walled original with concrete "ice cubes" that I made by filling plastic ice cube trays with concrete. I have a bullet sort of shape and a wedge shape and a really square shape. I want more of these ice cube trays!! I would love a little half inch square.

I put these texture bits on the ball with more portland/sand/fortifier and added areas where I sort of dug thru the concrete with a plastic fork. To see what I mean please check out the link below. My question is - how do I paint this?? It seems like it needs to stay one color in a way to highlight the texture but I also think spray painting the fork parts with shades of yellow and red to get in the grooves and then spraying that area again from a diff angle might result in a basically "one color" ball with neat little shots of color showing in the grooves. Any input is sure welcome!!

Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: see album called

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!