SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzardly

Puzzle Piece Stepping Stone Help

lizzardly
12 years ago

I'm going to make a path of puzzle piece shaped stepping stones down the side of my house to the garden. I plan to use the blue foam from the BIG ORANGE store with tuck tape? as my mold. (Still not sure what tuck tape is, but heard it mentioned on this forum so I'm hoping someone in the store will know.)

My puzzle peices will be laid close to but not touching each other. I'm thinking the squarish part of the steps will be about 16"x16" but I haven't made a to scale example yet so I'm not 100% certain of the dimensions. My concern is that the "ears" of the steps not be fragile and break off. Anyone have a suggestion as to the best mix, thickness and if I need to use an armature of some sort? I'm hoping I can avoid using rebar because I have no way of cutting it and the sizes I can buy are probably going to be too large.

This will be my most ambitious project so far and it's very important that it not be a disaster as I have sooo many more to come and if DH gets to say I told you so there may be bloodshed. Just kidding, but you know what I mean...

Here's a pic of the shapes I plan to use. There's just two of them that I plan to repeat. I plan to use the yellow and red shapes and just repeat them. My editing software is not working so please just pretend that the green and blue ones are not there. THANKS!

{{gwi:71511}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery