SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nashi_gw

glow in the dark concrete

Nashi
18 years ago

Hello, everyone. I am a long time reader/lurker of this forum but I have never posted because I never had anything to contribute until now. At least, I hope this counts as a worthwhile contribution - I'm pretty excited by the possibilities. : )

The other night I ran across the website of a Glow in the Dark (GID) pigment manufacturer that tells you how to make GID concrete. I haven't had time to try it yet but it sounds like this would make an interesting Hypertufa technique. Unfortunately, the pigment is rather pricey so it's probably not something the casual hobbyist would want to experiment with.

However, the site offers two methods for making glow in the dark concrete. Method # 2 is a less expensive option and might make playing around with GID techniques feasible.

There must be other manufacturers of GID powders out there, too. This just happens to be the one I ran across first. Some searching may turn up other sources with more reasonable prices.

Anyway, I thought professional artists and crafters might find this idea worth considering. I'm not a professional but I am a hard-core Halloween lover. I'm already dreaming up all sorts of Halloween projects...

Has anyone else ever tried this? I can't imagine a GID garden pond, but smaller projects and scultures might be interesting.

Here is the link to Glow Inc's concrete page: http://glowinc.com/glow-in-the-dark/concrete.aspx

Comments (15)