SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladycraft

Sphere ?? Will their ever be hope for me.

ladycraft
14 years ago

Ok so I have no idea what I'm doing. I've been using that unknown quikcrete, sand topping stuff for spheres. I do this because I like the look. I would assume they are heavier weight wise. So far I haven't had any break. I can cover over half of the ball with it and usually done in one layer! But can't get any reinforcements to work (May not need them with quikcrete stuff, I have no clue). I missed the fact that you all were doing them in layers. I'm into as few steps as possible as I have stated before, I seem to be lazy, read all the directions and do it my way. Is that what directions are for. I do respect all the experience you all have. I do listen and learn. I believe everyone has a purpose and I know you have a bigger purpose than answering trufa questions but I am so glad your here.

So if I try the recipe and directions given by plantman in sphere attempt thread will I end up with thick spheres or can this be kept thin? I can see how this would work for fountains, which would be my next question for you. Do you get a smoother finish with this than the 1 port. 1.5 peat & 1.5 ver? The drywall stuff is sticky, I think, which I can see how this helps. Do you cover the inside after you remove the ball? Do you use this recipe to hold water? Do I need to seal them? Sorry this has gotten so long. Kathy

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH