SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crabjoe

Any passionate watermelon growners??

crabjoe
16 years ago

I've got some watermelon seeds from the far east that I will try this year. I've got some seeds left and would like to send them to someone that is a passionate watermelon grower because my past watermelon growing has been kind of a bust. Yes, they grow, but the fruit never is large or very sweet.

Ok.. Here's the deal, If you have been growing watermelons and know how to grow them ... I remember someone here from MO that always grew them, someone like this person ... I will send you some seeds. I will also take into consideration of location, especially if your close by, because I have no idea what climate these will do well in. Also, if someone is close, I'd like to see how they grow compared to the ones I'm planting.

If your interested... let me know.

BTW, here's some info on the melons that were taken from a website. I took the breed of the watermelon out.

As national incomes get higher and families are broken down to smaller size, the consuming behavior has changed. Now, people prefer sweetest ones rather than big ones. And since this watermelon is thinner in its skin, so you can eat it by peeling of the skin, not cutting it like we do with big watermelons. It is easier to keep in refrigerator and these smaller watermelons are popular, what you can just hold and take a bite.

Special features

- Weight : 1.8-2.0kg

- Thin skin and clear tiger-skin pattern

- Rugby ball shape

- Sweeter than ordinary watermelon (12 BX)

- Inside is pinkish red and with lost of fibroid materials, it bites well.

- It requires lost of techniques and experiences to cultivate, since its skins are so soft, and easy to get spoiled. Also, when cultured outdoor, it could be broken in pieces.

Comments (5)