SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marbles_n_the_garden

have: have: seeds to trade for things i am looking for

Hello,
I moved last Winter, and I had to leave much of my plants behind. I have been doing my best to re-acquire favorites. I also want to add to my collection for 2 reasons: I now have 4 acres to play with, and the charity I started (Need 4 Seed) can benefit from me growing more food plants. Most of what I am interested in are food plants anyway because I want to grow as much of my family's food as possible.

That said, I have some seed to trade--even fruit (perennial). I have Lingonberry (Vaccinium vitis-idaea), which is a relative of the cranberry but smaller and with its own flavor; it is low-growing and evergreen. Blueberries are big in my new area, and I have seed for the low-growing blueberry AKA Maine Wild Blueberry (V. angustifolium). It is low-growing and deciduous, but goes out in a blaze of red in the Fall. Another fruiting perennial I have is Rosa rugosa. They are very fragrant, and the "hips" or fruit can be made into vitamin C rich foods. A more unusual fruiting plant I have is Kornus kousa. Most know this small tree as Kousa Dogwood. It sports beautiful, pointed, creamy-white flowers (in June, I believe). Most people plant this as a specimen ornamental and don't even know the fruits can be eaten.

Other trees are in my list but not edible (as far as I know). I have a couple of flowers to offer: Maine Wild Lupin, and a pink flower that was growing here when I got here. It is perennial, about a foot or so tall with light pink flower clusters at the top. I kept walking by it and saying, "I smell candy to my kids." Turns out it was the flowers. They are very sweet-smelling, but I do not know what they are.

Lastly, I have some veggie seeds that you can check out in my list. I have one perennial veggie in seeds to trade: Rhubarb.

I do have more seeds, but they are older then a year. If someone expresses an interest in a trade, then I will check your wants, and see if I have something on your list in my stash. Many seeds are only a year old and would be fine, but I can let you know what I have from your list, and you can decide if you want to trade for it.

SEEDS I AM LOOKING FOR: (stratified if need be please)
Ginko biloba
Shellbark Hickory
Regular Hickory
Beachnut
Carpathian or English Walnut
Other Nuts I Don't Have
Other Fruiting Shrubs or Trees that Come True from Seed
Perennial Vegetables such as Sea Beets, Welsh Onions, Horseradish, Jerusalem Artichokes/Sunchokes, etc.

I may be tempted by annual edibles or edible flowers so please ask.

THANK YOU!
Robin

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!