SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ally99_gw

Cuke dying on end and SVB questions (pictures included)

ally99
15 years ago

Hey everyone. I have a couple of questions to ask in this post. The first one has to do with the pictures below. Does anyone have ideas on what happened to this poor cuke? I've had 2 like this. Just wondering if it's something I'm doing or something I can keep from happening again.

{{gwi:90883}}

{{gwi:90884}}

The 2nd question has to do with my squash. I found my first borer today. A few days ago after seeing Maureen's picture of the SVB eggs, I went out and found quite a few on my cukes and my squash. I got rid of all that I could find. This morning, all was well. This afternoon? I had an entire section of my squash that was dead. :( The culprit? I found a larva type of worm (a SVB I'm assuming) inside one of the stems after I cut the dead part away from the rest of the plant. Can one little SVB work that quickly? If not and there are more, my poor squash may be in major trouble. :( I'm going to spray some Ortho on my garden this evening once it cools outside. So much for limiting the chemicals on my plants as I had been trying to do! I guess they are my only hope at this point, though I know if I have borers already in my vines, it'll be too late for the spray to work. :(

Thanks so much guys!

Comments (4)