SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heartlostangel

My new babies- to repot, or not

Heartlostangel
10 years ago

So I always get S.A.D this time of year and end up buying seeds(in the past) to try and grow, but this year I've gone a different route- found these at walmart, the sansevieria was a dollar, the schefflera was 3. They're both bone dry but I haven't even had them in the house for 2 hours, and I usually wait 24 hours to water. My question is, should I repot them tommorrow? The plastic seedling pots are in paper cup sleeves, the sansa's pot is bent into an oval shape and about to do that classic "Will break the container it's in when it's time to repot" thing. But it's the middle of January, and not exactly growing season, and I don't want to kill them. I have a potential spot right next to a northeastern exposure window for the schleff(gotta see if my cat is going to ignore it or try to kill himself- he doesn't bug my violet but he did eat a drac.. something or other last year). And I can put the sansa pretty much whereever. I cannot see roots on the scheff, but it did pop out of the container pretty much intact when I checked the root pack. Thanks for replying!

Comments (7)