SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jengrace_gw

Super size pickling cumubers. Strangest thing.

jengrace
11 years ago

I've had 3 straight years of Huge cucumbers. The first year I thought I just bought the wrong ones so the second year I went to a all organic nursery that even grow some for their own farm. I do raised beds with a neigbor so we have tried 3 spots plus two of the beds have diffnert soil because they went in the second year and we got it in bulk. The only consitant thing over the last 3 is that I plant them with our tomatoes. We live in Virginia Beach in a new development (3 years old) and neighbors one block away cucumbers grow normal. I am posting some pics of the granden as well as a example of a 15" cucumber, which about average for us. These are the ones that are Suposed to be between 6 to 8 inches!

Anybody have a clue why, we are figuring some crazy microbe but I lack the expertise as well as the equment to figure it out. I am willing to send soil or air sample to anyone who can. Having so my cucumber that your giveing them away like zucchini is not a bad thing!

Here is a link that might be useful: I couldn't get the pics to upload on this site so I posted a link to my Facebook page and made the pic public

Comments (11)