SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allhaileris

Pepper problems, little holes in leaves, not growing

11 years ago

So my peppers seemed to be going okay until about a week ago. Three of my bell pepper plants now have small holes over many of the leaves, that don't look like the snail bites I've seen elsewhere in my garden. The plants haven't been growing well at all and aren't much bigger than when I planted them. They aren't flowering. Two of them have 1 single pepper on them. The third aborted the pepper it was growing, the stem connected to it just shriveled up.

The two hot peppers I have seem to be doing fine. I have a at least one jalepeno, with more flowers, and a bunch of tiny thai hot peppers. The hot peppers are planted in a different area, and they may get less water, and actually probably get less sun due to the apple tree being a few feet behind it.

I have tomato and basil planted near it, and they're all growing well. Is there any saving my peppers? Should I dig them up and replant in a less wet area, or an area with less root competition? Have no idea what's causing the holes in the leaves. I thought I had a pic with me to post, but when I looked at it from a week ago the leaves were all fine. The holes are small, less than the width of a pencil eraser.

Comments (7)