SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
birdsnblooms

Reptiles

birdsnblooms
11 years ago

Does anyone know about reptiles? Is anyone here? lol.

Our son, Michael has a 4-yr Iguana. Son got him, Iggy, as a baby. 5-6" tall. From head to tip of tail, Iggy stands just under 6' long.

April 7th, Mike decided to adopt a Bearded Dragon, Gambi. Gambi was about 3" long, a little guy.

The last time we measured Gam, he was exactly 6" long.

Now the problem. Saturday, June 9, Mike had both Iggy and Gambi out of their homes. Actually, Iggy's spends most of his time out of his house.

Mike trained Iggy. For a reptile he's very affectionte.

Anyway, Mike left the room about 20 mins. Before he left, Gambi was on the window screen..NO holes, whatsoever.

When Mike returned, Gambi was gone.

He's never done this before.

Mike spent hours and hours looking for him. In fact, dh and I helped.

Now, my question. (Image is very upsetting.) Would an Iguana eat a Bearded Dragon?

Iguanas are herbivores, but Iggy sometimes nibbled on a tiny piece of meat. Very rare.

Could Iggy have been jealous? Most people who don't have reptiles think they haven't any feelings, but they do.

When Mike was away, (month) I took care of Iggy. He was so happy when I went ib his room. He'd come to me, set his head on my lap to be rubbed. Just like a dog or cat.

Anyway, we're all upset about the entire episode. I feel so bad about the little guy. Mike is very depressed.

Even if the other thing didn't happen, he can't go on long w/o food and water.

So, would anyone know? Thanks, Toni

Comments (7)