SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fishies_gw

I have fallen in LOVE with Freecycle

fishies
18 years ago

Have you guys heard of this site? Someone on gardenweb clued me into it a few years ago. People can list stuff that they want to get rid of, or alternately, stuff that they need. The only catch is that it has to be free - no money can exchange hands (well, and that the stuff listed has to be legal - no firearms or bodily organs or medication or anything).

Anyway, I posted a request yesterday for a dining room table and chairs, and wouldn't you know it? Someone posted an offer at almost the same time for a dining room table and chairs! So, this morning, I'm going to pick up a new-to-me 1960s teak dining set! Isn't that incredible?

And not only that, but I was able to give away a bunch of bath salts and bubble baths and tea towels and stuff that I'd gotten as gifts over the past year or two, but never used. Someone is also going to take my ugly old cafe table! And one of the people who's taken some of my offers, has herself offered to help me pick up the table and chairs with her van! So not only do I clear out some clutter and get a free dining room set, I don't have to pay for a delivery company to pick it up!

I strongly suggest you all check out freecycle if there's a group in your area. It's fabulous for clearing out clutter, or for picking up household items that don't necessarily have to be new... and it helps keep "stuff" out of our landfills! I love it.

Shelly

Here is a link that might be useful: Freecycle.org

Comments (12)