SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie99_gw

Dog skin 'trouble'

marie99
19 years ago

My dog Spike seems to have a skin allergy for 2 years now. Last year, he got it in the spring and it cleared up quickly with a oatmeal/aloe vera shampoo from our vet and a lot of Bag Balm. this spring, he got it again. He's been eating the same food (Purina) since we got him. Our other 3 pets don't get it, so it is not contageous. He doesn't have fleas, worms, etc, or any other thing we had him tested for. He chews on his legs, tail, tummy, and hips a lot. I'm tired of the vet and tired of handing them money. Last night I gave him a baking soda bath. He liked it a lot. He didn't want to come out. I plan to start putting camomile tea on him once a day. I've also heard greatly diluted vinegar is good for skin problems. Any other ideas? I may start putting veg oil on his food again. I tried that once for a couple weeks, but that probably wasn't long enough.

This dog is a Jack Russell Terrier and a total spaz. He's 3 years old. He is outside during the day and comes in after supper. Keeping him inside 24/7 is impossible because he hates it inside. He prefers the outdoors and must run off his energy.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
More Discussions