SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

HAVE: Fallen leaves, dropped fruits and seeds

mark4321_gw
11 years ago

This is going to sound like an odd assortment of things, but I need to send them off soon or they will go to waste.

To summarize:

4 trades for postage of the following:

Fallen leaves: Crassula capitella 'Red Pagoda'.

Seeds from fallen fruits: Arbutus unedo, Dianella intermedia and Fuchsia boliviana Alba.

Dropped seeds: Cuphea cyanea 'Triple Crown' and Cuphea ignea white.

As I say, it's a strange mix. If you want some but not others, please let me know.

This time of the year leaves turn orange and red and drop to the ground. That's also true for the succulent Crassula capitella (corymbulosa) 'Red Pagoda'. Technically the photo is from July:

{{gwi:92239}}

The plant blooms and drops leaves. Below are leaves from the stems of the infloresence and are small. I think you can see that some are already starting to grow. Each leaf will regrow a plant. Astonishingly, someone is selling small 2-4 inch plants on Ebay for $25. About 15 leaves per trade.

{{gwi:92240}}

But most people think of the yellows, oranges and reds in the trees during Fall. If you look up from my tiny yard, this is what you see:

{{gwi:92241}}

I assume it's Arbutus unedo. Please let me know if you think otherwise. The fruits are everywhere, and are making a mess. I've cleaned a small number. >20 seeds per trade.

This one drops dark colored fruit. If I remove the seeds, my fingers turn purple. Luckily it washes out with some effort. I assume it's not edible. Dianella intermedia. (the big leaves are not it, but from Dendroseris). >10 seeds per trade:

{{gwi:92242}}

Fuchsia boliviana Alba is dropping the last of its berries. These are edible and tasty. Seeds are tiny, at least 50 per trade:

{{gwi:92244}}

Finally, these last two are just seeds that fall out of the plants, especially if I shake them. Cuphea cyanea 'Triple Crown' and Cuphea ignea white. >10 seeds of each per trade.

Cuphea cyanea 'Triple Crown':

{{gwi:92246}}

Cuphea ignea white:

{{gwi:92248}}

The Cupheas were both photographed when I got them. >10 seeds of each.

Both Cupheas and the Arbutus are heavily visited by hummingbirds. I would imagine the Fuchsia is also hummingbird pollinated.

Plus, I still have plenty of extra seeds of Trachelium caeruleum 'Hamer Pandora'.

Comments (6)

Sponsored