SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

HAVE: Scrophularia macrantha- Red Birds in a Tree

Hummingbirds can not get enough of this plant! Seriously, in my garden this year they passed up most other flowers for this Scrophularia when it was in bloom.

A native of New Mexico, but quite hardy (to z5 I think). It is somewhat of a challenge to grow though. It needs super good draining soil (especially locations where winters and springs are wet). Likes droughty conditions and doesn't do well with over watering. Flops a bit for me. Not sure, but it could be because it is more partial to lean soils.

*I CONSIDER THESE SPECIAL SEEDS. I am only interested in trading for other unusual things. I am not doing sasbes.

A side note- the seeds were a bit difficult to get out of their pod without the whole thing crumbling. I got out as much chaff as I could, but there will still likely be a fair amount. Just wanted to let you know beforehand! I have collected quite a bit of seed though, so will send a good amount!

Here is some additional info and pictures of this plant: Scrophulaira macrantha- Red Birds in a Tree

If interested, please post here before sending me an email Thanks!

CMK (Christin)

Comments (11)

Sponsored