SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christiw_gw

Have 30+ year old wine grapevine seeds

christiw
15 years ago

In my backyard I have a dark purple wine grape vine that has been there for at least 30 years. Unfortunately, when the guy came to fix our septic tank last week, he disturbed the root and it looks like the grapevine may not make it. The leaves are all shriveling up and turning brown. I'm just devastated! I tried blocking it off but he just destroyed the whole back yard. I collected all the grapes and would be happy to send out seeds if you think you can use them. Please send me your trade offers or I can do SASE for those who have nothing to trade. Please email me direct for details or trades christi@differentdaisy.com

I also have to offer in trade orange trumpet vine, purple rose of sharon (very large pretty bush- would make a great privacy hedge), purple columbine and a little lavender seed.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on how I can save this poor old grapevine I'd love to hear them. He took away some of the root and what he didn't take away was left above ground in the heat for 24 hours. I covered it over with dirt and cut almost all the grapes off hoping it may recover and come back next year.

Thanks,

Christi

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida