SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_wv

unusual fruits/berries in WV

kathy_wv
15 years ago

Hi, I am new here. I am planting a mixed fruit orchard and am interested in "weird fruit" Id like to know if any others have planted similar in this area and how they did. I am in the north east panhandle of WV (6b) close to MD/PA and VA areas. I have planted so far apples, peaches, pear, asian pear, prune-plum, sweet cherries, sour cherries, apricot, asian persimmon, blue berries, june berries, honeyberry, goumi, black current, red current, (in another bed have strawberries, wineberries and black berries) Also figs planted along the side of the brick house for warmth. This spring I am adding to the mix jujubes, wolfberries, another sweet cherry, another asian persimmon, almond and 2 pecans. so far the only problem I had was a buck coming in and using my trees to sharpen his antlers (of course the most expensive tree) and I did plant kiwis and grapes on the fence but they all died from drought. I have the trees alternating with the berries and in rows and mulched. I mow between them. I sprayed everything with dormant oil this spring so far. Thanks, Kathy

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths