SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thomis

Couple questions regarding insecticides...

thomis
15 years ago

This being only my second growing season with my newly planted apple trees, I am not expecting any apples. Or at least not planning on letting any grow to maturity. I have read a lot on this forum about Imidan and Malathion, Sevin and other such insecticides. Since I am only really worried about protecting new growth and vegetation this year I settled on buying a half pint of "Malathion 50%". Next year when I AM expecting a few apples, I will buy Imidan for the other critters such as codling moth and PC.

My first concern is that on the label that I downloaded online for Malathion 50%, they do not mention fruit trees as recommended usage. This makes me curious. Am I looking at the wrong label or should I just not be concerned with this? I am attaching the link to the label I found.

My other question is about mixing insecticides. More specifically, can I mix "Malathion 50%" and Imidan when that time comes to spray?

I'm also educating myself on the subject of bagging, but for the sake of this thread, I'm leaving that topic out.

~thomis

Here is a link that might be useful: Malathion 50% label

Comments (13)