SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
interestingtimes

Should I bee worried about these Strawberries?

interestingtimes
14 years ago

Hi,

I am once again trying to grow strawberries in a container on my porch. This season I am determined not to kill them through neglect and instead am probably paying way too much attention to them.

I have noticed a few of the green berries have a odd, bumpy appearence while other berries on the same plant appear normal. Does anyone know if I should worry about these few oddballs? Will they develop normally eventually and taste just fine? Should I cut them off so that the plant can put all its energy into producing edible fruit? Are these bumps just cosmetic and I should stop worrying? I've tried to find similar problems both in the general internet and previous GardenWeb forum posts, but did not find any.

I also tried to post a picture I took of two berries from the same plant side by side- one developing normally and the other with bumps that gives the developing seeds an unusual pattern- but I couldn't figure it out.* It's almost as if different points in the developing fruit are developing at different speeds.

*Any advice on how to imbed a picture into a post would also be helpful

Thanks in advance

-e.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH