SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbnick

Another round of what's 'bugging' my garden!

15 years ago

I made another post on here a week or two ago about these little bugs on my tomatoes. Now I see them on some asparagus. I took a picture, here it is:

{{gwi:80668}}

Good? Bad? Any ideas?

Take a look at this tomato. I dont know what could eat a tomato like that...whatever it is, I hope its gone. I did find three tobacco horn worms on my 'maters in the last week and I promptly held trial, found them guilty, and executed them. But I didnt think they would eat the actual fruit of a tomato plant. Here's the picture:

{{gwi:80669}}

These dang wasps are all over my dill. First they were on the cilantro. They swarm the entire plant. Anyone know the exact variety they are:

{{gwi:80670}}

The last two pictures arent really a bug problem. My cucumbers are almost all coming in deformed. The stem half of the cuke is growing, but the flower half is not. I've read about lack of polinators...blah blah blah, but I have more bees this year in the garden then I've ever seen. I dont think lack of polinators is an issue.

The second picture is one of my strawberry beds. I planted two rows of strawberries about a foot apart in the row and the two rows about a foot apart...all in a three foot bed. Now they've finally stopped producing berries and the runners are gowing crazy covering the entire bed. Should I think them out or just let them go? Also, I read that here in Texas you're suppose to just till the plants in after they finish producing because its hard to get them through the summer. They dont seem to have any problems growing at all. I have Chandler and Sequia varieties.

{{gwi:80671}}

{{gwi:80672}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio