SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mini_garden

Whats wrong with my strawberry sprout?

mini_garden
16 years ago

Can anyone help me identify what is wrong with my strawberry sprouts?

I have two alpine strawberry sprouts that already have their true leaves, each sprout has four leaves. This problem started last week I noticed that one of the true leaves looked a little burnt around the edges. It turned into a dark yellow color. I thought that it may be sunburn so I made sure to keep the plant out of direct sunlight. Despite that, the leaf still continued to wither. The entire leaf just turned yellow and wilted. Then I noticed another one of leaves starting to yellow and wilt as well. During this entire time I watered my sprouts daily, gave it sunlight but not direct sunlight. The sprouts sit in a west facing window. Oddly enough, it is just the true leaves that have this problem the sprout leaves look very healthy.

I have noticed the stems have a little bit of white on them. I'm not sure what it is, it is certainly not mold, none of the leaves have this only the stems.

I'm not sure what kind of problem my sprouts may have. I looked up the type of diseases a strawberry plant may have and none of them really fit my case. Could this be the quality of water I use? I just use water from the faucet. Could I be over watering my sprouts?

Comments (5)