SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lolagranola

A photo tour of my garden

lolagranola
16 years ago

From my garden blog . . .

{{gwi:77999}} When I went out with my camera tonight the light was nice and the bugs were busy, so here is a tour of my garden for all of you who have been wondering. My apologies to those of you on dial up.

Starting with the row nearest the chainlink fence. The grapevine has found the chainlink fence and is preparing an assault on the carport.

The peas have really gotten the hang of climbing but still are without blooms. I'm a little sad and worried that they might now produce blooms and peas but I have not given up hope yet.

{{gwi:78000}}

Over here but not pictured is a half of a row of onions and the thinned out lettuce which is still producing nicely. I've also got two radish plants that I've let go to seed.

{{gwi:78001}}

And a tiny sweet red pepper plant that is displaying its first fruit.

{{gwi:78002}}

Next to the onions are a row of eight kohlrabi that are coming along beautifully and may be ready for harvest by next week. A kohlrabi is like a cross between a turnip and a cabbage, the flesh is smooth and sweet when eaten fresh out of the garden. I've never had a storebought one taste anything like a fresh garden one. You have to eat them while they are young though or they start getting hot and woody.

{{gwi:78003}}

Down at this end are also three green bean plants that are trying to get their feet under them, today I saw a lot of new growth so I am still hopeful.

My carrots are a little thin but I'll have a good sampling I think. I'm growing regular carrots and purple ones just for kicks.

{{gwi:78004}}

Nearby are my two cabbage plants. I'm counting the days until I can make a delicious crispy coleslaw!

{{gwi:78005}}

Nearby is my Queen Anne's Pocket Melon. They are suppose to be very fragrant but rather bland to taste. I'm growing them as an experiment, I'm just curious. Fragrant melons! Fantastic!

{{gwi:78006}}

Next to the pocket melons are my cucumbers. I thought they were dying a few days ago and when I got up the next morning they had almost doubled in size and were sporting blooms. Apparently they just needed a ton of water. You can still see some of the yellowing leaves but I think they are going to be okay now.

{{gwi:78007}}

Nestled in next to the cucumbers is my other experiment plant. A peanut plant. I have no idea if it is big or small. I did get a bunch of orange blooms on it last week and now they are dead so I'm hoping to see some growth or something sometime soon.

{{gwi:78008}}

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the microwave pumpkins, spaghetti squash and mars squash in containers.

{{gwi:78009}}

The tomatoes are kind of a big tangly mess. I'm proud to announce though that no plants were damaged in the fiasco last week. In fact, the large Marglobe that had all the trouble seems to be quite happy.
{{gwi:78010}}

But the big pumpkin plant is the star of the show tonight.

Leaf count . . . . . 20

{{gwi:78011}}

Blossom Count . . . . . 1

{{gwi:78012}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Blog

Comments (3)