SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
electronym

Newbie gardener concerned about white spots (PICS)

electronym
15 years ago

Hello -

I have a small raised-bed garden behind my house that I planted with transplants of various vegetables and flowers. Everything is coming along nicely so far, but I've just noticed in the last day or two that most of my leaves have light white spots. My initial thought is that it's powdery mildew, though it doesn't exactly look like most of the pictures I've seen. It almost looks like someone has been painting nearby (obviously not the case). Examples here, on the tomatoes, squash, pepper, and zucchini:

{{gwi:77200}}
{{gwi:77203}}
{{gwi:77205}}
{{gwi:77207}}
{{gwi:77208}}

I also noticed my flowers, which appear to be generally healthy, are having some problems with their leaves. Though I suppose it could be sunburn/scalding, it does look like it could be something more serious as well. I'm concerned that this is a later stage of the same disease/issue. You notice it's worst on the lower leaves of these flowers:

{{gwi:77209}}
{{gwi:77210}}
{{gwi:77211}}

But it's also appearing as white spots on the marigolds as well:

{{gwi:77212}}

Any ideas/advice? I'm new at all this, and want to ensure that as many of plants as possible survive (though I'm obviously more concerned about the vegetables).

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH