SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lwfevelyn

pear trees help

16 years ago

hi!

thanks for ur help in my earier posting..just transplanted my pear seedlings to a larger container...they are 7 cm tall. with 6 leaves...(and it has not grown much for 2 weeks..is it natural?)

Quite worrying is that,after 1 month or so, it only has 1 very long root..a bit like my papaya's tree..is this a characteristics of fruit trees?? does my plant has a high chance of survival?

and..after germination.and thus now being seedling stage..does it means that it's spring time..and winter is over, and the pear should be treated as any other houseplants??

sorry..i dont know much about pear trees...as i live in singapore..somewhere near the equator, without winter-time..and i am 20 years old...not much experienced with gardening...and info on pear growing from seed is really limited from the net...it was a surprise that there were seedlings.. and even my grandma with decades of gardening experience cant help me.... she had no luck with daffodils and tulips(which she tried buying last time) and other bulb plants.. and most of her plants are tropical plants which she did not bring along with her to her new home.she is 77 now...and she has roses and orchids and ferns...sobs...

and may i know what will happen if i dont induce cold-weather this year, in dec'08.. will it grow like a tropical tree?? or must the pear tree really shed leaves and has its stem harden in winter..from wherever it originated from??

and if i do induce winter..i only plan to feed them ice, and keep the pot in a shaded place..or maybe put them in my room with aircon...

responses are much appreciated. thank you =)

Comments (3)