SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hanburyhouse

Chicken Coop in an Urban Garden

hanburyhouse
14 years ago

We live in a large urban city in Los Angeles County about 4 miles from the ocean in Southern California. I love to garden and I incorporated the design of the chicken's run into an already existing work bench. The end result was a potting table over the chicken run.

Our chicken coop had to be attractive since we look at the location immediately as we walk out the back door. Also, neighbors would be able to see it slightly over the block wall if they tried. We had to keep the chicken coop small since our lot is about 6200 square feet. It currently holds three chickens.

I love referring to all the garden photos folks have posted here for inspiration when I was planning to build a coop and wanted to share a few of my own pictures. So many hen houses are on farms in the country and wanted to share my little city chicken coop.

Are there any other avid gardeners out there that happily keeping hens in their gardens?

My garden and small sized chicken coop on our city lot

Image link:

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures of the chicken coop and garden

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting