SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roberta_z5

Cat question

Roberta_z5
18 years ago

I grew up with cats and really have nothing against them as long as they live in somebody else's house. Well, out here at the farm, I have noticed there is a cat that has been around since we moved here full time in the summer. She is afraid of us, but seems to be well fed and we aren't having the mouse problems we have had in the past. So far so good.

My question is: Since she is wild, can I assume she will be able to fend for herself over the winter as racoons, rabbits, etc. do? I don't want to feed her, as I don't want to encourage more coming around. I also can't go to the expense of neutering her --- actually, I hope she is a he, but the same problem is there. I don't want the smell and responsibility of cats, but she is very cute and looks at me with those sweet eyes until I move a muscle - then she runs. Do you think she will survive over the winter? I don't think we can consider her domestic and I don't worry about the woodland animals surviving --- still ---. Hmmm. I wish she would just find another family to live with.

Comments (19)