SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverseeds

wanted 'silverleaf' argenteum peas

silverseeds
14 years ago

Hello, I am very interested in finding a source of the silverleaf, argenteum peas. If interested in the seeds I have, I also might be interested in unusally short season peas, beans tomatoes, or other oddities. Like beans that sprout in cooler weather or peas that thrive in warmer weather. Or unusually productive amaranth. edible perenials, edible berries or trees adapted to drier regions, or other oddities of edible plants and veggies. odditiy meaning a veggie that does something most of its kind do not. over productive, or thriving when other do not, that type of thing. But if I could find this silverleaf pea I would be EXTREMELY grateful. Id love to get them before august for a late planting.

I will have to go through my seeds to be able to list all I have but ones I know I have are

- pinon pine (I have pounds of these I collected on my own land from the more productive of my trees)

-jojoba This is a evergreen which has a excellent oil in its seed, however I hadnt realised it was for warmer regions when I bought the seeds.

- hopi red dye amaranth This plant for me grew about 5 or 6 feet tall, with dark purple(tasty in salads) leaves, If youve never grown amaranth before please do. youll have greens even in the summer, and amaranth quinoa and spel are the only thre grains with all seven amino acids. this also readily self seeds, since the seeds do not all ripen at once, eating leaves as greens doesnt noticeably lower yeild, and even though it self seeds isnt a nuisance, since amaranth stays very small for a long time before shooting up in height later on.

-wild roses Im not positive these roses are in fact wild but they are growing in the middle of nowhere, and very well I might add in a VERY dry area. BUT there was different colored flowers on them which leads me to think originally they were from a store.

- wild dandelions possibly someone wants them being that they are apparently adapted to very dry conditions.

- tepary beans I have some brown tepary beans, bought them for last season but Im not having luck with them. from what I read later on they do badly from OVER watering, these are the original seeds from a seed bank for veggies from southwestern tribes(not sure if its prudent to name a company here) I highly doubt anything is wrong with th seed I just grew it wrong I think

- Ive got a couple others I cant remember precisely now, a coule pole beans, in small quantities, some indian rice grass, some other amaranths although much less seed then the red dye. It isnt a seed but I also have wild harvested moran tea/ephedra(although apparently there is a descrepancy over whether or not ephedra is actually in it) Which my mom and the natives for generations past used for asthma. I could get seeds if I knew when they actually appeared, I could get juniper berries as well, being that my land is covered in pinon mormon tea, juniper and ponderosa pine( would b willing to get ponderosa pines seeds as well but I havent yet found out when they produce cones)

- by the end of the season I will have oddles of other seeds including yard long beans, ten different bush types, some for dry beans others for green, a few for both, about a dozen pole beans, a couple lima beans, various rare oriental beans, like rice bean and also gobs of rare garbonzo beans(chick pea)

-I will also have various strains of very short season flour corns(60 days supposedly we will see) (and yes I am going to hand pollinate on the corn specifically to avoid those nasty monsanto(demon) genes. various short season water melons(lets hope) and various peas and cucumbers and tomatoes. Fava beans, and man y more if all goes well, which it is so far.

- oh another rare item there is a small potatoe apparently the zuni (a peaceful pueblo tribe) used to have as a edible weed. This is a tiny little potatoe which is slightly bitter I guess would be the word. Which implies a toxic compound, BUT boiling twice in water removes the taste and from what Ive read online should make it safe,Ive eaten them once and after cooked they tasted just like tiny tiny creamer potatoes, frying it apparently suspends the compound in the oil, but apparently the zuni used to eat this alot. Im trying to cross breed it with regular potatoes, to possibly get offspring that will not be slightly toxic yet grow in this arid region by itself(although that would open it up to the pests, oh well)

- feel free to contact me openly, about any current or future seed trades, any spammers or comerical interests please leave me be

Comments (2)

Sponsored