SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gennym_gw

My Pekin is hurt or either sick!

GennyM
17 years ago

Hi,

My Pekin Duck, Apple, will be a year around Easter time. She has always hung out with my muscovies and my other ducks that are different kinds. She is my first and only Pekin. I really love her, and she is so sweet.

One of my ducks (Troy/Muscovy) has always had a hurt leg since the day she was born. She is about 3 y/o now, and she is still unable to walk, so she uses her wings to support her body and to get around. It sounds sad, but she lives a happy life here and gets everything she wants :)

Apple has always been very healthy, and has always got around great! She has never been sick, except one time when she was young ( a few weeks old) but, we got her thru it and she got better.

Now, Apple has been limping on her legs for a afew weeks. Her right leg is 3 x the size of her left leg. It is so swollen. She can't walk good, and I have to bring her food to her, carry her water and put her in the pool to take a bath, and then wait for her to get ready to get out, because she can't hardly do all this by herself.

I don't know what could have happened. Her eyes are week looking....they are watering really bad. Does any one know what could be happening? Thanks...

Genny

Comments (8)