SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wertach2

How about some 'old school' pics of gardens?

I'm a row planter. I was raised on a farm and have an old Allis-Chalmers tractor, plenty of garden space, and I'm to lazy to build raised beds. :) All of the pics I see on this website are small beds or raised beds.

When I was about 8 years old my Dad would put me on his tractor with a full tank of gas and send me out to plow the corn before he went to work at the cotton mill. I would plow until I ran out of gas and walk back to the house.

I would pick me a "mater" on the way back and fix a sandwich! Mama would have supper basically prepared in the fridge with a note of what time and temp to stick it in the oven so it would be ready when they got home from work.

Eventually I began to cook on my own, about 9-10 years old and Mama didn't have to prepare supper the night before. I would go out to the salt box and dig out pork chops or whatever, wash them and fry them up. Pick squash, beans and such, cook them up and had a nicer supper for us when they got home!

I'm still a very good cook today. I can't see any kid doing that now, if you took away the fast food joints they would starve!

By the way I was born in 1954, I'm officially a geezer!

I want to see some gardens with rows! LOL

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz