SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaleeisa

Wanted: Newbies to Sponsor/ Mentors to Sponsor and Educate them

jaleeisa
15 years ago

I want to adopt a newbie. I have several seeds to share and will only adopt one (HOLD ON NEWBIES! DON'T RUN OFF JUST YET! THIS IS NOT JUST A ONE TIME OFFER FROM JUST ME, I HOPE!). I am hoping this will become an ongoing thing and that other GW Gardeners will join in and adopt their own Newbie and help teach them how to become good members of the GW community.

The requirements:

1. The newbie must have become a member less than two months ago.

2.The Newbie must post here with the information listed below. Then I will chose my Newbie to sponsor at this time and both post here and email them.

3. The Newbie must send me a BEAP (bubble envelope and postage)promptly. I will not hold the seeds I package for them more than two weeks.

4. The Newbie must have a trade/wants list up. This helps me to see what kinds of things you're interested in and what I might send as extras for you to use to trade with others. Even if it's only a wants list, this is still a great start!

5. The Newbie must have an email link on their member page as well as a "blurb" about themselves and their gardens. If you need help learning to do this, let me know and I'll be glad to send you instructions for it.

6. The Newbie will list here what their Zone is, what their garden conditions are (full sun, full shade, dappled sun, etc), soil conditions (acidic, loamy, etc), what kinds of plants and flowers they're looking for. Annuals, Perennials,Flowers, bushes, trees, whatever you can think of.

I will choose a newbie to adopt and hope that others will do the same :) When I adopt a newbie, I will guide them through the trading process(how to respond to an offer on the board, what info should be emailed to their trade partner),How to post a want or offer on the board, help them with instructions to prepare a BE to mail out, show them how to stay in good communication with a trader, to let a trader know when their seeds arrive, how to keep track of their trades and last, but not least, how to find the Rate and Review Forum and leave a Review for their trader.

So, that's my challenge. I will personally adopt one Newbie (at least at a time! I'm sure I'll end up adopting more than one over time :) but the Newbie must be willing to learn how to be a good member of the community.

And I'm challenging other experienced GW members to adopt a Newbie posted here and educate them on the above things as well. Hopefully this will not only help our new members who are a little lost about how to proceed, and help our more experienced members in remembering we were all Newbies at one time and had to learn, as well as cut down on the irritation of being bombarded with requests from members just starting out without much to offer in trade.

Kathy

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer