SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thebutcher_gw

Apple Juice for blossoms

thebutcher
10 years ago

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have been itching to know. Can spraying apple juice on blossoms help out? Last year I had a lot of blossoms that did nothing and fell off. I also did not fertilize them, I think I over-watered them as well and just dug a 15"x15"hole and filled it with bought regular soil. (I know that I messed up in a lot of places but learned my lesson).

This year I had 1 tomato pop out 2-3 weeks on a (4th of July Hybrid) ago and no others (Others are Ramapo F-1) but have many blooms. Now if apple juice does is not good what would you recommend for it besides patience. I also heard a rumor of tums for calcium?

In the Photo is a Ramapo with the new buds on the top level I noticed this week. The ones I noticed before looked the same and I though it would of popped out a green marble by now. I also found some broke off bud stems around the plants.

For the Plant backround and the past weather:
Right after planting on May 16th they went through 3-4 nights of around 43-45F weather the week after, and the following week in 90'sF and about 6-8 inches of rain in about 3-5 days.The plants are in 20 Gallon Fabric Hydrofarm containers with a 5-1-1 mix.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I fertilized them only 2x's since planted with MG tomato plant liquid food and sprinkled the proper amount of Espoma BIO Start Plus with microch... They are due for a fetilzer but did not get a chance with all the past rain.

Thanks,
- Mr Beno

This post was edited by thebutcher on Fri, Jun 14, 13 at 14:10

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus