SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ragtimegal

Does this look like SVB damage? (pics!)

ragtimegal
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I looked up TONS of threads on SVB damage and how to get rid of it, but I coudln't seem to find any posts with actual pictures of it to determine if this is actually what I have. A google images search didn't turn up much either, but it was late night searching, which can make me cross-eyed after a while. :)

The first pic is when it was a happy plant and the pics below are of the damage. Does this look like SVB damage to you? I did find a stem last week that the leaf had yellowed and then turned brown and shriveled up, and there was a hole in the stem, though it wasn't towards the base of the plant. I cut of the stem as close to the base as I could and slit open the stem, and there was no SVB larva/pupa (which stage is it?) inside.

The plant is rapidly declining. I do have BT and didn't know if I should spray the entire plant since I can't seem to find exactly where the bugger is, assuming that is the problem.

Thanks so much for your help. One note, it has been really hot, and the plant is in a black container, which you can see. I am wrapping it with shade cloth today to keep the roots from cooking.

I was so proud of my happy zucchini plant, and I can't believe how quickly things can turn!

{{gwi:69610}}

{{gwi:69611}}

{{gwi:69612}}

Comments (10)