SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smittee_gw

help tell me about key lime vs cold weather

smittee
14 years ago

A few days before the cold weather hit, Lowes had a half price sale on fruit trees. I bought a PARSON BROWN Orange tree and a KEY LIME tree. The KL had a half dozen fruit on it.

When the cold came, the next morning I had them placed in an unheated shed. They were taken out of the shed two days ago. The orange tree looks just like it did when the were put into the shed.

The KL had lost all the fruit and its leaves. What are the chances of it surviving? I know they are guarenteed but I don't plan on returning it, as I take responsibility for being dumb and it being left out the first cold night.

I have it outside now. It is still in the pot I bought it in and I planned on replanting it in a 15gal planter. My guess is not to do it now as that would add additonal stress to it.

I was so excited to buy one. They were $40 and marked to $20. I now have 4 citrus that, is if these survive. I also have a BUDDAHS HAND Lemon and a PUMELO GRAPEFRUIT. They seem to also be ok.

PLEASE HELP ME. I trust and value the wisdom of yALL who frequent Garden Web

I covet and appreciate all advise and instruction. Is there anything I can do to my little [48"] Key Lime tree. I read, in my reasearh of these two trees, that the KEY LIMES are very sensitive to the cold.

Comments (2)