SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msjay2u

leash training goats

msjay2u
15 years ago

My goats are still small. One of them, Ricky is very aggressive. He butts Fred (the smaller one) every frick fracking chance he gets. Lately he has gotten worse when they are eating. He grunts and butts. I was thinking of making them eat from a leash on their evening feeding. I am thinking of tying them to a tree when I am outside so Fred can get his fair share of food. I would also like to tie them up when I am working in the yard since they have gotten into the habit of going towards the street. They look towards the road and it is like an attractant to them....

***PROBLEM****

they were bottle babies and want to stay under me at all times. When they hear mt voice they want to be let out and follow me around the yard or they scream bloody murder if I don't let them out. If I sit in a chair they are fine they walk around eating this and that soon as I get up they are under me. I put a chair next to me and they sit in the chair until I get up. When I walk I have a hard time not tripping because the are crossing in front of me.... you get the picture.

I am afraid if I put them on a leash they will strangle themselves trying to be near me. I have a collar on them with a small bell now and they are used to it. How do I proceed to the next step of a chain?

Suggestions???

Also how do I make them learn their names? I use their names with them all the time but they don't know them yet...

THANKS

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting