SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahzuri

Complete newbie to Gardening would appreciate tips :)

Ahzuri
12 years ago

Alright so I started my garden a couple of days ago, late to the game I know but we got a bit busy and had to put it off. Right now we have a Strawberry and Tomato hanging plants, Jalapenos and Banana Peppers in the ground. We also have Sweet potatoes that I am planning on planting this weekend as I misjudged and have to expand the garden for them. All of these were bought as starter plants as I tried to grow the tomato and strawberries from seeds but forgot to water them once and well Georgia hasn't been merciful with rain (husband believed they needed to be outside) lately so they dried out and died. I'm watering the plants I have right now 3x a day right now because it hasn't really done more than sprinkle for the last month.

I do have some other seeds I'd like to grow but I don't know how to grow from seeds and we are also thinking about doing some herbs as well but were more thinking about putting those in our sunroom (it gets so hot in there and has so many windows we don't really have any other use for it) on a table in front of the windows.Can anyone suggest some good veggies, fruits or herbs that will do well in the Georgia heat, I'm in Houston County if that matters. We have a big backyard and have talked about expanding the garden across the back of the yard if we find more things we want to plant so space really isn't a issue. Thanks in advance for any advice to help this newbie gardener become less of a newbie:D

Comments (7)