SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casi_gw

new baby goat

casi
15 years ago

Hi,

My daughter bought her new Step-dad a baby goat for Father's day. We put her in a chain link fence pen and she did just fine, but we moved her into our barn cause it was going to rain, blocking the door with a piece of cattle panel. She disappeared within a couple of hours...don't know how but she must have gotten thru the larger part of the panel or climbed out. I thought she was gone for sure. I don't know what kind she is but as a baby, she isn't much bigger than my mini-schnauzer. A day later she showed up at the front door! I guess she got lonely, so she is back in the pen. Will this keep her in? I have researched and found that we shouldn't have bought just one, but I did read an earlier posting on this web site about someone who bought a goat to be a companion to a blind horse. I have 4 horses. Will that be enough company for her or do i need to go buy another goat? I also have 2 dog companions as well as 3 hunting dogs in pens and a cat that she seemed to get along with!

I read somewhere that you shouldn't feed too much grain and then another really good goat site said to feed 3 cups to a kid?????? Anyone can help me?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery