SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drafted72

My American Hoe

drafted72
18 years ago

After a 2 year absence from gardening, due to work and moving, I returned to the soil this year.

So at the start of the season, I went to my tool shed looking for my old garden hoe, which I couldnÂt find. So I went to Wal-Mart to pick one up. This first hoe I looked at was the El Cheapo model and it was "Made in China". So, I looked at the more expensive one, and it was also "Made in China" I donÂt know about you, but I am getting feed up with everything "Made in China", so I went to tbe next Big Box Store, all the sameÂ. "Made in China", even the farm store near me was the same 3 words on every hoe "Made in China"Â.

I wasnÂt going to be defeated in my efforts to get an American hoe, so I went back home and search my old tool shed again until I found and old hoe with a broken handle. I burned the hand out and replaced it with old handle which I was saving. I sanded the handle down and put some linseed oil on it, and then sanded and painted the metal hoe part. Now the hoe looks brand new and is my favor garden tool and brings a smile to my face each time I use it. Best of all, it has "Made in the US" on itÂ.. I have since done to same to another old hoe and 2 rakes all.... "Made in USA"

I hateÂ.Wal-Mart

I hateÂ..Made in China

I hateÂ. Every Benedict Arnold CEO in the US, who is off shoring all

their companies manufacturing just to increase their companyÂs profit and his

bonusÂÂ Â

Comments (12)

Sponsored