SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judeth_ann

What Happened to the Kittens

judeth_ann
17 years ago

I just read the story on "What happened to Elmer". I can believe it and I bet a lot of you folks can too. Last summer I was filling in on our Rural Mail Route when I stopped at our group box at the top of our road, out in the toolies. There was a good size box sitting by the mail box. Guess what was inside??? Yes, six beautiful kittens on a dirty blanket, no mother. The young girl helping me was so upset. Near the end of the route a reliable fellow asked if he could have a kitten, so I let him take the fluffy one. I left the kittens with a SPCA volunteer in our neighbourhood on the way back to the post office. Two weeks ago, we returned from our holidays. Our son had been house-sitting. I went to put my chickens to bed and heard a cat crying. I looked over the fence into the neighbours yard, couldn't see it. I went to the front of the garage and still couldn't see it under the brush or up a tree. I told my son and he said he'd heard it two days before but he'd seen a new black cat at the neighbours. (18th in 8 years) It poured again that night. The next morning my son went to open the chickens and came back with a ---- tiny fluffy grey kitten with the biggest blue eyes. It had made it's way to the fence. It wouldn't drink or take the wettems dolls bottle. I phoned our daughter because her friend is a SPCA volunteer. Our daughter went and got some canned cat food that we mixed liquid with. "Lucky" ate some and slept. That evening our daughter and two children came and took Lucky to their farm. They have other cats. The next morning she took Lucky to the Vet to be checked out. The vet figured it to be a skinny, tiny two month old kitten and it's stomach had some food in it but it was full of maggots. He gave it a shot and it was taken home. I know you farmers get these cats all the time but after being saved and loved, poor Lucky died during the night. Now two very sad boys. Our daughter's SPCA friend has a mother cat and five kittens she is looking after, all found at the top of our road. If Lucky was from this batch, it crawled thew a lot of bush to get to our fence. I'd say this batch of kittens was from the same person that ditched the kittens in the box last summer and they can well afford to get their female cat spayed.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals