SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drasaid

bless me father for I have sinned I planted an apple

drasaid
12 years ago

Here I am, hungry one day, and I buy an Opal apple. This is a yellow apple that tastes fabulous. Upon getting down to the core I discovered that some of the seeds looked to be sprouting, so I dibbled them into a container I had. Two came up. They are growing more like grapes than apples though, weeping all along the ground unless staked. So I was curious; what does an Opal apple tree look like? I found their facebook page and asked.

I did not get an answer. Instead I was told that the company OWNS all DNA of the Opal apple, and that my planting a seed was felonious. I politely informed them they could come dig the little trees up if they so desired, but despite that no one has come to do so.

Has anyone heard of this? Is this penalty for being so cheap as to plant apple seeds and wait widespread? Will DNA be checked on each crabby sapling that pops up along the roadside from tossed cores? I would so like to know if this is the case with more fruit or if the Opal people are just special that way.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor