SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organickathy7

What to feed chickens

organickathy7
14 years ago

Shouldn't we all use what chickens really eat so that we have good eggs? You feed them processed junk food that isn't natural to them (including grains-not good for people either), then you get back what you put in. Very poor quality eggs and chicken.

I'm no expert at all, but I do know that nature was and is perfect. But, we messed her up. I believe that we should do right by the animals and earth, and they will give us their best. Yes?

From what I've read they eat bugs, grasses, mice, and whatever crosses their path by nature. Lots of water is good, too.

If you don't have poisoned lawns, they should have fun running around clearing your area of those pesky critters and clean up while eating a good diet that will provide us with clean, healthy proteins. They really should be happy before we take their offspring, or their lives.

Anyway, I just think that if you feed them all that processed food that even we should avoid, then their eggs and bodies will end up toxic to us. After all, as the old saying goes..."You are what you eat."

Thanks for letting me vent.

Comments (4)