SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catsgurleygirl

Mysterious Death White Pattypan Squash Growing in Winter Squash

catsgurleygirl
15 years ago

So I just lost one of my white pattypans and I have no idea why. I know that you guys won't know either, but I thought maybe you could offer a few theories. My patty pan is in my winter squash, corn and melon patch(--the squash and corn are not inter planted), it was an accidental planting. One day I went out there and it was okay, the next day, it was decimated, not an animal decimation, just wilted yellow and green and flat. The other vines seem to be okay, (Acorn, Butternut and a couple Hubbard's), there is just this flat place where this big bushy white patty pan was. At first, I thought maybe it was dry and I gave a big water--to no avail. When I ran the water through th mulch around the plant, I only saw like one squash bug come out and I dug around to see if there were any hiding. I did not check for vine borers though, which I have been trying to read up on, maybe they did it--but then why aren't any of my other plants collapsing? I have two other accidentals in there, another bush squash about 30 ft away, and a Hi-Beta Spaghetti, both seem to be okay. Anyway, sorry this is long, any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much for the help, I have really enjoyed being here--sorry I don't have much to contribute, obviously I am new at gardening!

Amanda

Comments (2)