SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gennym_gw

a couple questions about goats.

GennyM
18 years ago

How much do pygmy goats weigh when they are full grown? My baby Reese weighed 10 pounds a couple days ago when I carried him to the vet. I'm not sure if males weigh more than the females or not. But, Reese is a male so how much would a male weigh when he grows up?

How long is the lefe-span of a goat? Is it around 10-12 years like a dog, or 20+ years like a horse?

At first when we got Reese we kept him inside the kitchen at night for 5 days every night. During the day we let him out to go play. He hangs out with my dogs. My greatdane and bloodhound loved him! I was so happy that they all liked him, he liked them too. he follows them around and they just would sit down beside him and watch him. but, I'm still keeping him in the front yard, I still don't let him go outside with them alone.

I do let him go out with my 3 small dogs though, he will follow them all around the yard! He kind of ignores my ducks, though. I thought he would enjoy being around them, but he shows no interest in them....... he's a great little goat, though. We really love him! talk to ya'll later... Genny

Comments (5)