SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claraserena

invasion of 'bees'

claraserena
17 years ago

Yesterday afternoon when I went to the chicken coop (OK that's all I'll say about chickens), I saw and HEARD a huge number of "bees" on mostly the chicken feed (a shell corn poultry base mix from the feed mill) on the floor or verious nesting boxes (I feed the chickens inside in the winter). I spent the next two hours shoveling everything out and putting in fresh pine shavings. I dumped the soiled bedding/feed in a the field. The bees followed it. But this afternoon they were back in the coop--fewer of them, to be sure--and others were on the chicken feed in the pen. I was in and among them for a long time and was never stung. I did not see them coming and/or going out of any opening. this is our third year and this is the first time I have seen them. I got a picture and they look like the picture in my guide of honeybees but I'm sure that's wrong. We live in NE Wisconsin--it just got warm the last couple of days. Is there anyone out there who has an idea of what this might be and what to do about it.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012