SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brooksish

RE: Outside dog question

brooksish
15 years ago

my parants are allergic to dogs. my dad loves them and so do i and i finally got both of them talked into my dream of getting a puppy! it can't be inside, so it will live outside and sleep in our garage at night with my three cats and my other dog. my other dog is 7-8 years old and is a border collie, he was 3 and had been abused when we got him and he doesn't chase cows. he is a real fraidy cat and loves attention but we are really lucky and he never leaves the house unless it is with us in the pickup or chasing the four wheeler. i am in junior high and am in speech and golf, which don't get done until the end of school, which is when i plan to get my golden retriever pup. i have learned a lot about the breed , but i can't figure out if they roam or not. we live on a huge farm with cattle and horses and although i want the pup to run around the farm and get excersise, i really don't want her to roam really far because there are other dogs a couple miles from us and i really don't want to spay her because we might breed her in the future but i also don't want to kennel her up in the garage or tie her because i hate when people do that! our yard is already fenced to keep cattle out, but it is not enough to keep a dog inside it. we live a mile from the highway and i dont want her to get ran over or visit the neighbors!! do golden reatrievers roam? because if they do i want to know how to stop them !! please help me out

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County