SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grovespirit

HAVE: Fresh Hawaiian Ornamentals, Malabar Spinach

16 years ago

Rare/Unusual, 4 seeds per hawaiian plant. The Giant Asarina seeds are about 1/2 cm across. The Royal Poinciana seeds are about 1" long.

Royal Poinciana is a smallish tropical flowering tree, suitable to containers and patios. In the ground here in Z11 it gets about 10-15 ft tall. It gets covered in flame-red flowers.

Giant Hawaiian Asarina really is a lovely hanging basket or windowbox plant. Annual in areas that get below 40F. It likes humidity so you might need to grow it indoors or mist it if the weather gets dry. In places where summers exceed 80F it needs partial shade (not full sun!) If it doesn't set seed for you, you could overwinter it in a sunny window.

I also have about 20 fresh Malabar Spinach seeds to trade. Yields foliage which is a good spinach substitute and grows in high humidity. Also pretty heat tolerant, a vine up to 6' long.

I prefer to trade all 3 of these items to the same person if at all possible, to keep my overall postage costs down.

Please see my trade list for my interests. I am especially looking for Yarrow (in colors other than yellow), mild flavored mustard greens, Asian greens like tatsoi, mizuna, and choisum, and slow bolting salad greens like red oakleaf lettuce and mesclun salad mix.

Thanks,

Iris (grovespirit)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths