SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkcell_gw

Troubleshhoting seedlings/ transplanted vegetables

pinkcell
13 years ago

Hi,

I'm a beginner at gardening. I've started growing my vegetables inside (jiffee or burpee) and then harden my seedlings off a little bit more everyday before transplanting them in my square foot gardening raised beds. I noticed different problems my some of my vegetables and please I need your help.

You can see the pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinkcell/sets/72157623947142165/

* My tomatoes have yellowing leaves. I do not know if it is coming from a lack of iron (could not find ironite or ferolome), or nitrogen or phosphorous. By the way how can you measure what element is missing? Some of them have purple leaves (seen underneath), am I overwatering??

* I started to notice that the tip of the leaves of my sunflowers are turning yellow

* My mint and basil have a stem brown at the base, is this normal? How often do you need to water your aromatic herbs?

*I just transplanted a week ago an eggplant plant from home dep.. and the leaves start to have weird browning part.

* My zucchini have some leaves dying for no reason. What can I do? I started noticing the same bad brown pattern on my cantaloupe as well

We had two nights at 32F and I protected my strawberries with a plastic tarp. I guess they did not like it as some of the leaves turned brown. Do you think the plant is dead or will it recover from my mistake? I did the same with my rosemary but the top is still green, any hope about its survival?

Then miscellaneous questions:

How often should I water raspberries and how long does it take for a cane to develop new branches/leaves.

Do you know if the tomato food from Miracle grow is organic?

I really start to wonder if I do not have a green thumb. Please help me save my vegetables and organically of course!

Thank you so much for your help!

Comments (3)